(click on image to enlarge)
View of the lower golf course in the late 1930's. In the 1920's, this field also served as a baseball field, and in later years a soccer field. Closer to the waterfront (far right of the photo), at least a dozen tent platforms were built on or near the sand in the 1910's, and housed children for summer camp, and adults when camp was not in session. In 1973, the CW Gift Shop building (formerly the Wawona Rec Hall) was towed to its current location near the golfer putting. Photo taken from tee (that no longer exists, where the row of hemlock is today), up on West Shore Road, north of the pro shack, currently the Snack Shack.